Looking for a 24 hour pharmacy near me? Find 24/7 pharmacies in your neighborhood. Fill prescriptions, find special items like vitamins, masks, and syringes, and receive minor medical advice. Get immediate medicine right after late-night hospital visits or emergencies.
Looking for a 24 HOUR PHARMACY IN ACCRA? Finding a pharmacy that is open late at night can sometimes be a challenge, so we've compiled a list of pharmacies that open after hours. Simply click on the name of the pharmacies below to find the 24 hour pharmacies near you.
If you run out of medicine during the normal opening hours and need some urgently, there are a few ways to get an emergency supply quickly.
If you have a prescription
If you already have a prescription and urgently need the medicine, try the following steps:
- If your local pharmacy is closed, you can get your medicine from any pharmacy as long as they have it in stock. Use this blog to find other nearby pharmacies and find out if they have it in stock – some are open until midnight or later on public holidays.
- If you'd like to speak to someone first, call the respective pharmacy's service line. The person you speak to can check if the pharmacy has the medicine you need.
- If it's urgent, you can call your doctor or visit a hospital. Your doctor or hospital may have details of their out-of-hours service. This is the service your concierge doctor or hospital may run outside their usual opening hours and on public holidays.
These are the pharmacies in Accra that can offer 24 hour services for your needs:
Danpong Pharmacy - Spintex, 030 281 1153
Top Up Pharmacy - Osu & East Legon, 024 222 6555/ 030 254 9872 respectively.
Pharmatrust Pharmacy - Odorkor & Achimota, 050 145 5563/ 056 005 5214 respectively.
Reliance Pharmacy - Spintex Road, 0201349000
Alpha Delta Pharmacy - Korle Bu, 024 086 9581
Black Swan Pharmacy - Kwashieman, 024 745 6005
Cyrex Pharmacy - Dansoman, 030 396 5815
Kingstreet Pharmacy - Teshie, 030 294 3822
East Cantonments Pharmacy - East Legon & Circle, 050 157 2013, 050 160 7192 respectively.
SiMart Pharmacy - Ashaiman, 020 696 5353
Pill Doctor Pharmacy - Lakeside Estate, 026 700 0104
Bukom Pharmacy - Bukom Square, 030 266 9480
B&F Pharmacy - Weija Junction, 020 522 6600
Pharmageorge - Mile 7 & Osu, 050 649 2953/055 765 2769 respectively.
Prime Pharmacy - Spintex Road & East Legon, 020 152 5646
Addpharma - North Kaneshie, 050 160 6322
Espat Pharmacy - Santa Maria, 024 341 2951
OPA Chemist - Dome & Amasaman, 024 122 7943
Things to take note of:
- A number of 24/7 pharmacies do not have a pharmacist available during late hours of the day. The person you may engage with may be a Medicines Counter Assistant (MCA). Hence, it is worthy to make sure you know the medication you need, especially if it is a prescription medication. Since a pharmacist may not be available to prescribe appropriate medicine for your symptom(s).
- There are No delivery options at night. 24 hour services favor walk-in customers than any others. We advise you to ask a family member or friend to drive you to the closest pharmacy outlet or alternatively, Order a Bolt ride. They give discounts often and you may just be lucky!
- Do not always expect your medicines to be in stock. Some medicines are generally hard to find or scarce in our system. Do well to make sure that you buy enough during normal opening hours, if you know the medicines are usually stocked at only particular pharmacies. We are here to help you find what you're looking for easier and faster!
- Even though, these above-listed pharmacies advertise working 24 hours a day, the reality is our bodies and brains are evolved to relax and cool down after dark and to spring back into action come morning. People who work the night shift must combat their bodies’ natural rest period while trying to remain alert and high functioning. Meaning the attendant may naturally fall asleep and there would be no one to answer calls.
List your pharmacy
Would you like to include your pharmacy? Contact us and we'll add your pharmacy to this list.